Using Essential Oils for Earache provides the fast and effective remedy for ears because of some spectacular properties such as antiseptic, antioxidant and soothing of such oils. Earache is very painful and causes so much trouble especially in the children also it is hard to treat. However, some Essential Oils for Earache provide the natural and ultimate solution for this problem. These oils contain the extracts of plants so these oils are gaining popularity around the world due to their effectiveness.
In this article, we’ll let you know about all the most Essential Oils for Earache with complete guideline about their use and function.
What Causes Earache?
Following are the significant causes of an earache.
- Ear infection
- Grinding of teeth at night
- Changes in air pressure, e.g. when flying a plane
- Strep throat
- Shampoo trapped in the ear
- Perforated eardrum
Top 5 Essential Oils for Earache
If you are looking for the permanent solution to address an earache, then these oil for pain provide an excellent solution. These oils have properties to deal with bacterial infection, and some of these oils work as an antibiotic.
1.Tea Tree Oil
To deal with an earache efficiently, tea tree oil is there for you. It is one of the best and most recommended oil by the specialists. According to the research, tea tree contains terpinon-4-ol which is an excellent anti-bacterial cleaning agent. Tea tree provides the incredibly trusted and reliable results due to its astringent properties for drying up fluid.
Home Made Tea Tree Oil: Natural Remedy For Ear Infection
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add three drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix these oils.
- Heat the solution.
- Now put about 5-8 drops of this solution using an eyedropper.
- Hold it for about 10 minutes.
- Let the fluid flush from the ear.
Hard earwax in the ear can cause an earache. Pouring a bit of olive oil is the best remedy for clearing the earwax and to cure pain. Olive oil for an earache is completely harmless so you can use any amount of this oil to get rid of an earache.
How to Use
- The use of olive oil is simple.
- Pour four to five drops of olive oil into the ear.
- Hold it for a few minutes.
- After sometime let the fluid flush and clean the ear later.
Basil oil is one of the Essential Oils for Earache. Basil oil is effective due to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Even the small amount of basil oil for an earache can heal in no time. For this purpose, only a small amount of basil oil will be enough to cure an earache.
Home Made Remedy
- Take four to five drops of basil oil.
- Combine it with the carrier oil.
- Make the mixture of both oils.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in this solution.
- Target the infection points by an aromatic compound.
- Don’t let the oil flow in the ear canal.
Thymol is a powerful antibacterial as well as an antioxidant in nature, and it is the leading ingredient of thyme oil for an earache. It is the ultimate solution for an ear infection and putting you out of discomfort.
How to Use
- Take a few drops of thyme oil.
- Mix it with few drops of olive oil or lavender oil.
- Apply this mixture outside the ear.
- Pouring thyme oil inside the ear will increase the pain.
5. Garlic oil
If you are willing to treat ear infection, especially in children, with powerful natural antibiotic then garlic oil is the best choice.
Many says garlic is the strong enemy for different tough infections.
How to make garlic oil at home:
- Take 1 clove of garlic
- 2 t/s of olive oil
Mince the garlic and mix it with olive oil.Allow the garlic to fully dissolve its healing properties with in olive oil and leave it for 2 to 4 hours .
When the oil is ready take 2 to 3 drops of it in the infected ear.
That`s all , you can use it up to 3 times a day.
Other Essential Oils for Earache
These are some essential oils that you can use for an earache.
- Lavender oil
- Olive oil
- Oregano oil
- Peppermint oil.