Muscle cramps may be happening due to a variety of reasons. It is due to forcibly contracted muscle that does not relax.
When a muscle contract without consciousness or willing then it is in spasm. If it retains for a longer duration with severe effects, then it becomes cramps.
Muscle cramps can be observed easily by looking at the affected muscle.
There are some essential things you should keep in mind for muscle cramps such as;
- Muscle cramps may involve the entire muscle or just a part of the muscle.
- Muscle cramps are excruciating, and it does not heal until and unless it is finally resolved.
- It can heal in a few seconds, or it may take 30 minutes.
- The most common reason for muscle cramps the minor blood flow through the muscle and dehydration.
- The problem is very common, and about 95% of people around the world experience the muscle cramps.
- Muscle Cramps is common in adults and less common in elders.
Types of Cramps
There are many types of cramps, and many factors are in there. The cramps may happen due to the vigorous activity of any part of the body. You may have muscle cramps due to an injury as well. The most common reason is dehydration. Eat a lot of water to eradicate these types of cramps.
Treatment for Muscle Cramps
We can heal cramps by ourselves. It is straightforward and no need to see a doctor. Make sure you have drunk enough water.
Stretching is a beneficial activity for muscle cramps. You need to stretch the cramped muscles and leave it relaxed. There is a following procedure for the calf muscles.
- First of all, stretch the calf muscles, so muscle doesn’t catch again.
- Apply the heavy direct pressure on calf muscle cramps. Slowly release the pressure to bring the muscles to their original position.
- For spasm if not very painful than all you need to do is to increase the blood flow in the area.
- For this purpose, the best thing to do is massage the affected area.
- For feet muscles, try to pull your feet up and bring it to the normal position. Now massage the area and keep your leg in the straight position.
Apply Heat or Cold:
Cramps can be cured quickly and more effectively by heating the affected body area.
- You can use the warm towel to bring muscles to their original position.
- You can have a warm bath to cure the muscle.
- , pass the warm water over the cramped area.
- For cramps, massage the area with ice is accommodating and beneficial.
Drinking a lot of water is the best and ultimate solution for cramps. If you have a cramp recently, drink more water the avoid further cramps.
There are different types of medicine for different types of cramps. However, we can get rid of cramps by having vitamin B and other supplements. For more information, we highly recommend you to see a doctor. He will surely prescribe the right medicine for you.